Sunday, February 6, 2011

Melting

Woke this morning to the sun coming inside my Eastern bedroom window. That's New England. One day it's drizzly and freezing rain and the next it's sunny and 44 degrees (in the shade). That didn't make me want to get up though. My luxury on Sundays is to stay in bed reading - love it. Since I have a dog that is content to snooze in her crate, I can do that. I never bring her up to bed with me on Saturday nights as I want my read and snooze in bed Sunday morning.

Finished my book and got up to my day - starting laundry and make a big breakfast (or should I say lunch).

Everything is dripping outside. If I were younger, had more muscle and not afraid of going up the ladder, I'd be outside scrapping the roof and chipping away on the melting ice in the gutters. Since I am none of the above, I watch it drip and hope it doesn't come inside.

I gave a fleeting thought to hanging out my sheets and towels but the ice on the back side of the deck had a big influence on my deciding to use the dryer. I did go out and shovel the wet, very heavy remaining snow on the back of the deck. That's when I discovered the ice underneath it. Now the sun can melt it so maybe next weekend I can hang out. My mother hung out all winter long so it's what I'm used to.

I gave Liesel a barbecued marrow bone so that kept her amused for a few hours. Once she got all the meat off it, she left it on her mat. I'm sure she'll go back to it.

Hallmark channel has a "Murder She Wrote" marathon all weekend so I've had the kitchen TV on while I scrapbook.

3 comments:

  1. Same here. Thought of hanging the laundry, but voted it down. Cleaned the garden and picked up some salad for dinner. Had to use snow shoes to do it. Filled the bird feeders using the snow shoes as well. We got them on Friday and I find them extremely useful.
    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an absolutely lovely day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need one of those clothes lines that stretches out from the back door to some pole or to the garage or something. I had one and used it all the time until the rope broke, and somehow the parts disappeared into some project of Sergei's. I'm thinking of getting another set-up; I love the smell of clothes dried out - and even without the smell, I love the texture of the sheets and towels, too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)