Sunday, March 4, 2012

Things Sure Change

Today I finally was going to change the light bulb over my computer desk as it had burned out. It's a cute, little, fake brass lamp that fits perfectly on the top shelf of my computer desk. It has a strawberry lampshade that exactly matches the swags that I made for the two windows in the room.

I went into the kitchen and got out the folding stepladder that hangs on the inside of my pantry closet door. Many years ago my husband put up two coat hooks to hold it and it fits perfectly.

As I set it up next to the counter and went to the top step, I still needed to kneel on the counter to reach this particular packet of light bulbs. As I was doing that, I remembered that many years ago I could hoist myself up on my knees on the counter without the help of that stepladder.

Guess I've gotten older.

After this effort, the new lighbulb doesn't work either so I'll have to look for another cute, little, fake brass lamp

1 comment:

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)