Thursday, February 7, 2013

Preparing For Blizzard Charlotte

Last fall we kept hearing about the hurricane that was going to hit CT and preparations went into gear. I made sure that everything outside was put in the cellar from the summer,my gas grill was covered and that covered was tied down. The car was filled up, a new flashlight was bought, the oil lamps were taken out, candles and candle holders were put on the kitchen table, everything was washed, a hughe plastic bin was filled with water in the first floor bathroom, buckets were filled with water for the second floor bathroom, several cases of water bottles were bought along with food that didn't need heating or refrigeration and I filled lots of Tupperware containers for the kitchen counter. Well it all was not needed - THANKFULLY. Now it's several months later and we are in the storm preparation mode again here in CT. I will be hoarding water and filling up containers tomorrow, I've been to the grocery store and Petco for the dog, the car is filled and backed in close to the house for when I'm plowed, I've spoken with the man that plows my driveway, the oil lamps, candles and flashlight will be on the kitchen table. To add to it all, I've been home sick this week so I do a little at a time. I sure hope it's like the fall and all for nothing!!!!

4 comments:


  1. Well,
    it is always hard to tell isn't it?
    We shoveled all day today and were very lucky not to lose electricity.
    Hope your are doing OK and feeling better.
    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been watching the news - but hopefully it missed you. New England has really been slammed with weather this year, hasn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! This blog looks just like my old one! It's on a completely different topic but it has pretty much the same layout and design. Wonderful choice of colors!

    Feel free to visit my web site: best diet plan for women

    ReplyDelete
  4. This particular blog is really amazing as well as i definitely love it. Good job..Well, I agree with what you wrote, but not with all of it. Regardless, its all good material. Thanks!

    Cccam Server

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)