Sunday, April 10, 2011

My Daughter Was Wrong.

This year my daughter told me that 60 was the new 50. Maybe it works if you're 60 but not if you're a few weeks shy of turning 64. Yesterday was a gorgeous spring day here in CT so I went out to pick up fallen twigs and branches on the grass from the winter storms. Bending, bending and more bending. Then I cleared the leaves from my perennial beds out by the road as my neighbor across the street's yard never was cleaned in the fall (happens every year). Guess where her leaves ended up? That could be another posting. My perennial beds look great, all the spring bulbs are popping up and perennials are poking through. Love this time of year. There aren't as many spring bulbs coming up as I planted last year thanks to the moles and voles. They have killed a lot of my grass too. Last night I popped a couple of Advil as I was stiff. Yup, 63 and holding is definitely not the new 50.

4 comments:

  1. Honestly, I used more than one paragraph but somehow when it posted, it lumped everything together. I went back in to edit and it came out the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Tamara.... I wiped myself out one year, when I was about 35 doing too much spring yardwork - and ended up with a knotted muscle (pinched nerve?) in my shoulder that was with me for over a year. I thought it would be a lifetime condition. I guess unless one has been working out, the best thing is to take it easy (easier)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not sure about new 50 either, but bulbs and other plants coming out are really nice to see.
    We have terrible mole infestation too. Have no idea what to do about it.
    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  4. You'll still doing better than I am - I haven't cleaned my perennial beds out from the fall...

    Loving spring though!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)