Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I AM IRATE!

I am sick listening to the CBS Evening News about the coverage of the US Supreme Court's upholding protestors' rights to demonstrate outside the funerals of our fallen US soldiers who gave their lives while serving our country while proudly wearing the uniform of our armed forces. This is just horrible and I am sickened and so upset hearing this. How must the loved ones' families and friends feel? Not only do they have to live without their loved ones but have to be subjected to this. Where is respect and honor? It's a good thing I was not near any of this as this grandma would get right in and yell right back to those animals and their disrespectful actions. I'd probably end up arrested and it would be worth it.

4 comments:

  1. It is a strange decision. I was just listening about it when we came back and I turned my radio on. It does not feel right to me either. I wonder why they did not look at it as a hate speach.
    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. I generally am of the "I may not agree with you, but I will defend your right to speak your mind" variety. But that particular group of haters seems worthy of a different set of criteria.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not understanding that either, since a funeral is more of a private rather than public event, even if it is in the open. That rather opens the floodgates to people who want to ruin any occasion. For example, why couldn't someone stand outside churches and make enough noise to ruin the services? or stand within earshot of outdoor weddings yelling whatever. Those seem crazy, but to me the idea of intruding on a funeral is the cruelest and more inappropriate thing I can fathom - far worse than either of the other examples.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm still irate and got so mad this AM when there was another story on the CBS news about it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)