Saturday, January 9, 2010

Cold Saturday Night

I keep pushing the thermostat up degree by degree and now am at 70. I almost NEVER have it beyond 67 so you know it's cold out. I dread opening the door to hook the dog out for the last time tonight. Sure wish she would use piddle pads and not want to shred them instead. I keep telling her how much better it would be in the frigid weather but she doesn't "get it".

I had a million errands to do today but when friends called to see if I wanted to meet them at Borders and then go to the movies, I immediately said that I'd love to. We saw "Leap Year" and it's a really great chick flick with gorgeous scenery in Ireland. How can I convince my daughter and SIL to move there from Moscow?

While out, I hit some sales and already have some Xmas gifts for 2010 so I've got a running start.

I thought I'd curl up on the couch with the dog, write notes on Xmas cards and watch a movie on TV. When I turned the TV on in the den, all I got was snow. This is the second time in a week. I called the cable company and the first weekend availability is next Sat. morning so I was NOT A HAPPY CAMPER. I put a DVD in the kitchen TV (that cable box died mid week) and worked on my cards sitting at the kitchen table. Guess that's what I'll be doing this week - watching DVDs in the kitchen.

I am about to put on my down coat to put the dog out for the last time and head up to bed with a great book that I just got from the library. Once I get into it, I'll post about it.

My plans for doing some cooking this weekend have changed since I never got to the grocery store today. I don't plan to venture out tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. T,
    I can remember those snowy cold days taking my dog out...If the ground was too cold she would limp around and jump on my legs to hold her!
    I need a good book. I have been restless at night. A good book helps me relax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An acquaintance of mine is married to a Russian woman. One winter, while his MIL was in the hospital, he volunteered to stay in her little cottage out in a village to care for her small dog. (Picture one of those picturesque ones.)

    That was a winter when it was colder than usual, and when he'd let the dog out, if he'd left any melted snow at the door and she went out with her feet at all wet - she'd freeze to the ice outside and he'd have to come with warm water and unstick her. Now - count yourself lucky!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)