Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Blizzard in CT

Well the weathermen (and women) got this one right. We heard about this storm starting last week and each day got more details.

I brought my laptop home last night from work as there was no way I was driving anywhere today. Smart move.

When I got up right after 7:00, my car was buried under a huge amount of snow. There was no way that I could have even moved it an inch as we had so much snow.

Opening the storm doors took a little muscle and then I went out to clear the steps and walk. After all, my dog has short legs and so I need to shovel for her. She bounced out the door and looked all around when she hit the walk. All she saw was a high wall of snow all around the walk and she was snowed inside that tunnel. I'm sure she was say, "Huh? Where did all this come from?"

I got plowed out right after lunch and did the necessary shoveling then so my two sets of steps are cleaned and is my deck and walk.

Tomorrow morning it's back to work so I'll have to get out of my plaid fleece pj pants, turtleneck and old sweatshirt.

It really is beautiful looking out the window and seeing the powdery snow. I love winter and snow. After all, I live in New England.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)