Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Spring or Summer in CT?

Since the end of last week, our weather has been wonderfully wacky. When March left, April brought late spring and summer weather. We here in CT have been loving it.

I bought a lot of potted hyacinths, tulips and daffodils along with a tray of pansies at Walmart so Saturday I spent time planting. I know those spring bulbs will get taller and bloom as they have a head start. The bonus is that they'll come back next spring.

I actually had some time relaxing on my deck with my dog reading and napping.

On Easter I was invited to friends for dinner. My contribution was a fancy cheesecake and deviled eggs. Wish I knew how to download pictures to the laptop and blog as I think my cheesecake decorated with deep pink/purple flowers, slivered almonds and peach slices belonged in the pages of a gourmet magazine.

My friends had invited lots of friends so we were a big crowd. It was lots of fun with a delicious meal. Beth's brother has a small town butcher shop/grocery store and his hams are the best I've ever had. Nothing compares to it.

A perfect weekend spent in warm weather, planting flowers and enjoying a holiday meal with friends.

Our temperatures have just climbed each day and tonight's weather was over 90. This sure is unusual for the first week of April and it won't last.

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy the weather ~ I wish we were having the same, but we are cold and wet. Sounds like you've had a great week with friends and your daughter! Yes, I would LOVE to see your cheesecake too (and more pictures of Liesel).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we need to get on the phone so I can tell you about the photos. You need one of two things, though. You need a cord (which usually comes with your camera) that connects the camera to your computer, or you need a card reader (this is easier and doesn't use your camera battery) but it costs ?? 20-30 dollars I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the same crazy weather, it was 92 yesterday!
    I planted some lettuce and sorrel seedlings Saturday and the poor things wilted next day because it was so warm.
    This weather pattern worries me. We had similar hot spell in April last year (around 90F third week of April) and than we had no summer at all - only rain and cold.
    Olga

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)