Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Pets Are Expensive!

I am a firm believer in good vet care for my dog so she goes for her yearly check-up, shots, bloodwork, etc. She is doing well and is at 15.6 pounds with a trim doggie waistline.

Her vet visit went well, she didn't mind getting her shot but didn't like the puff in the nose for the Kennel Cough prevention. All was going well until the vet looked in her mouth and found the broken tooth. This probably was the result of a hard chew toy, stone, marrow bone or maybe it was the corners that she chewed on my kitchen cabinets. I don't know how long it has been like that but it had to have happened since her last check-up last April. Liesel is a very aggressive chewer. Thank goodness she outgrew chewing on the kitchen cabinets.

What does this broken tooth mean? Well, it is a day at the vet's and $400 less in my checking account. That added on to today's $300 bill equals caching caching!

I love my dog so I want good medical care so I am adding to the vet's retirement fund.

After we came home, Liesel immediately curled up in her crate. Now that I am in the den, she followed me in here and is asleep under the down throw. She had a long day between playing with her friends at doggie daycare and then going to the vet's.

3 comments:

  1. Ouch! That is expensive. Have you checked into Pet Insurance? I don't know a lot about it, but I've heard it's a savings in the long run.

    ~ PattiLynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have had to have had the pet insurance before the exam yesterday as now it would be a pre-existing condition. I did take brochures to look into signing up for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dogs are expensive!!! We just experienced it with Punkin. Then that wasn't bad enough, so we took Lola in and Punkin to get checked for heart worms and get medicine so they won't get them. Whew! Now we just have to take Checotah.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)