Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Visiting with Friends and My Daughter

The Sunday before Easter my dog went to the dog trainer's and I went to visit friends out of state for two days. Even though we don't live near one another, we picked up where we'd left off and had a great time catching up. After I got settled in, we went to our favorite swanky restaurant and luckily were seated by the windows overlooking the river and dam. With all the rain, the river was high and the water over the waterfall was rapidly flowing.

Karen and I met at a college French immersion program the summer of 1995 and that was the start of our friendship. Our daughters were friends in college so it's a small world.

On Monday afternoon I said bye to my friends and drove off to meet up with my daughter in another state. She was visiting colleges in New York and New England with a group of high school students from her school in Moscow. I met up with them at one of the colleges and we were there for two nights. It was so wonderful to have time to spend with her. She had a busy schedule but in the kids' downtime, we were free to do our own thing and we had both nights free.

Of course I went with a car full of "stuff" for her to bring back that I'd been collecting and what she'd ordered onlne.

I'll next see her the end of June when she and the girls come. I'll start getting anxious for their visit about a month before their arrival (when I will have to start thinking about the serious house cleaning to be done).

1 comment:

  1. It is so nice that you were able to spend some time with Tamara when she was here.
    Olga

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)