Saturday, September 12, 2009

Handknit Bunnies

I have been knitting bunnies for Rachael (alwayswanted4.blogspot.com) to sell in her Etsy shop (Simple Wishes). Rachael set up the Etsy shop two falls ago to raise money for the orphanage in Russia where her daughter lived until age 7 when she became part of Rachael's family.

Last year I knit a sweater, skirt, hat set to fit an American Girl doll for her shop and made paper explosion boxes. The boxes never made it to the shop as Rachael bought all of them.

This year's project is 6" bunnies. I've been knitting them in pink, raspberry and light blue. I'm almost done with the knitting (a few more to do) and then will sew them all together and stuff them.

Watch for them in Simple Wishes and BUY!

Rachael and her sisters (and mom) are super crafty so I'm sure they'll have fantastic handmade items for sale.

All the money goes to the orphanage so it's a wonderful cause. Spread the word to all your friends.

10 comments:

  1. I haven't gotten to the point where I know how to load pictures to the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tina!
    I was teasing you with the McD's comment but I LOVE YOU for finding us a Kit set!!!!
    My email is mommie2benva@yahoo.com and I we can work it out...
    And I need to understand this Etsy thing. I need to figure out how it works. I hear about it alot!!
    YOU ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These "paper explosion boxes" must be something....what are they???

    Maybe I can buy a couple of bunnies for my grandson in Washington D.C. and my "granddaughter" in Belaya Kalitva. I am also hoping ot make something, but not until work calms down.........

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie,

    I have knit light pink, raspberry and light blue bunnies.

    Explosion boxes have four sides (4 layers) that are various heights and they are from coordinating scrapbook paper and decorated. You can put smaller pictures on them. Check them out on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm anxious to see the bunnies.

    Cecelia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with Rachael:
    We want pictures! We want pictures!
    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  7. Would be great to see pictures of the bunnies. BTW are you on https://www.ravelry.com ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just googled the exploding boxes - soo neat!! I love them! What a great gift idea! I need to get soem photos orderes as I just have them on memory cards, but would love to have hard copies. Anyway - good luck with the bunnies! cant wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)