Sunday, September 6, 2009

Vegging Out

Today was another perfect weather day here in CT with blue skies, sun, dry air and temps in the high 70's. Couldn't be better (IMO).

Since today was the first day since I was home sick around July 4th that I could enjoy reading on my deck, I did just that all afternoon. Of course I have tons of projects in my yard and inside the house that need doing but as Scarlet O'Hara said, "I'll think about that tomorrow."

I went outside with a stack of magazines, my portable phone and dog. She wasn't out there long before she wanted to be picked up so she spent most of the afternoon on my lap while I read.

I have to savor afternoons like this for when it's 11:00 PM, 5 degrees above 0 and I'm out in a blizzard shoveling snow off the steps, walk and path from the front door for the dog to use when she has to go out for her 2 minute stint.

My plans for tomorrow afternoon...a repeat of today.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds lovely!! Enjoy your beautiful weather and your pup. Happy Labor Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the same thing.
    The weather is wonderful! I was just hanging around, doing little work in the garden and reading.
    Olga

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)