Thursday, May 6, 2010

Liesel's Surgery

Yesterday was dental surgery day for little Liesel. When she had her yearly check-up two weeks ago, the vet saw that the tip of one of her upper teeth had broken off. She is a real chewer so it was probably broken by a hard chew toy, marrow bone or possibly a rock. Fortunately she outgrew her puppy mischief of chewing on my kitchen cabinets.

I dropped her off on my way to work and then started to worry. I lost my last dachshund as a result of being put under to have her teeth cleaned so that's why I was worried for Liesel. When I came back from lunch, I had a long voice message from my vet and I was so relieved.

Liesel had the extraction, had her teeth cleaned and scraped and was microchipped.

I picked her up around 6:00, paid my big bill and brought her home. She spent the evening mostly curled up on her bed covered with a blanket.

She seemed livelier this morning and after work tonight, she was her spunky self. She's back to normal.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't realize how your last dachshund passed away. How very, very sad. I am glad to hear that Liesel's surgery was successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so glad she's okay!

    I would worry, too. I always worry when someone is at the vet.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)