Monday, September 6, 2010

If only....

If only the CT weather that we have had this weekend could be like this for over half a year. Just perfect in the mid to high 70's with breezes, full sun and chilly nights for sleeping. For someone that hates heat and humidity, this was heavenly.

Yesterday a friend and I spent a day on the beach at the CT shore and it was windy but perfect. It was a small beach and not many people were there so we had a lovely quiet day just chatting and enjoying the ocean. Doesn't get much better than that.

I spent the entire afternoon out on my hammock reading "The Girls From Ames". Enjoyable but it took a few chapters to hook me. I know that I would not want some of those details in print if I were a few of those girls though. Wouldn't want my dirty laundry out there for the world to read.

I just love having a quiet afternoon to vegg out with a book and doing it outside on a perfect 10 day on a hammock is the best.

The only bad thing about the weekend is that it is coming to an end and back to work tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with everything you said!
    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breezy, sunny afternoon in a hammock with a book sounds HEAVENLY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is never a nice weekend for me....just the first of many weekends of full-day work.

    BTW - I tagged you on my blog. Little Q & A s are about all I'm capable of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie,

    Remember that my daughter is grown, my work hours are during the business day Mon. - Fri. and I am responsible for no one but myself and my dachshund so that's why I get to do these things on weekends.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)