Monday, September 13, 2010

WFH

At work, we call working from home WFH. They are wonderful letters but TGIF are the best.
My computer at work is a laptop so technically I can WFH but until this summer, only did it maybe 3 times in 2 years during snowstorms. This summer I've done it the same number.

Advantages:

1. Don't have to get up as early, shower, dress decently or even get dressed.
2. Short commute from the bedroom to the den.
3. Can start early (one day I logged on at 6:30 AM).
4. Don't have to fix lunch before work and pack it.
5. Have my 4 legged friend as company.
6. Can throw in a few loads of wash.
7. My phone is not ringing and no one is coming up to my cube so no interruptions.
8. More productive as no interruptions.
9. Since I'm home (a rarity), it really doesn't feel like work even though I'm getting a lot done.
10. Love it but wouldn't want to do it every day. One day a week would be ideal for me.

3 comments:

  1. I'd love it... My work just doesn't quite lend itself... For years I was able to take home to work. In our big old convent, I could have my kids with me, cook dinner in the kitchen to take home later, go up to my sewing room, to do a tad of mending in a break, etc. Those were wonderful years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your plan. One day a week would be perfect.
    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tina - the town to look up is Leavenworth. I think you would enjoy it if you ever came to the PNW!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)