Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My Clothesline

I love my clothesline and use it 3 seasons a year and even on unusually warm, sunny, winter days.

I grew up with my mother always hanging out the laundry year 'round in CT. Clothes would freeze on the line and then they'd come inside to thaw out and finish drying. Having grown up with that, how could I not have line drying ingrained into my brain (and heart)? IMO nothing beats sheets line dried. Getting into bed between those crisp, wonderfully smelling sheets and pillow cases is just as good as it gets. I also love line dried towels as I hate wimpy towels from the dryer.

Well, my poor clothesline broke in August when my daughter and the girls were still here. I have been waiting for someone to come fix it and it still is broken. My neighbor told me that her husband volunteered to fix it. One end is attached to my house and I stand on the deck to hang the clothes. It is high off the ground and can't be reached from the lawn. It then goes quite high up to the hook in a big tree. The problem is that it's a wild area and there is poison ivy under that end of it. He's a real trooper and I am so grateful. While he's at it, I'll have a new line and new pulleys at each end.

I am so excited to think that my sheets will hang out on it this weekend drying in the sun. Little things mean a lot.

P.S. My neighbor put up a new clothesline for me today. What a nice surprise to come home to tonight. I can't wait to wash sheets and towels Sat. morning and hang them out.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!
    I love my clothesline too, so I know how you feel. My is not as fancy, it just goes between the trees.
    Olga

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)