Sunday, September 12, 2010

My store (or should I say stash)

I've always shopped ahead. When I see something for someone, I buy it and put it away until their birthday or Christmas. It's very handy when the occasison comes around and all I have to do is gift wrap it.

Over the years, that has expanded to stocking up when I see something on sale. It sure is convenient when I need a gift for a birthday, Christmas, house warming, baby, anniversary or whatever. All I have to do is go into my storage under the eaves and shop. My daughter has come to like it when she's here and asks if I have anything for a baby girl or boy for her to bring back to Moscow or to mail. She knows I have good stuff stockpiled. Need children's books for gifts, I have them - regular ones and Christmas ones. I also have assorted baby items.

My storage is very organized and I can put my hand on the correct box or bag in an instant. I also have a large supply of gift bags (all organized by size), gift boxes (neatly fit into a large cardboard box), Christmas cards, Bath & Body products, ribbons (curling to metallic - all organized in boxes).

No, I'm not a hoarder. I give out a lot of gifts so this makes things easier for me as I don't have to always go shopping at the local stores when I need a present.

This sure simplifies my life.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds wonderful! I would like to have the same space - it would be so nice. Especially the wrapping/ribbon/box/tissue station. Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a gift wrapping station. Sure wish I did. All my stuff is in large boxes in the storage under the eaves. I don't have a big house but have a Cape Cod style house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Tina-- you were reading my mind with the hoarder comment-- wink wink. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)