Saturday, March 20, 2010

At last - SPRING!!!!

Even though it hasn't officially been spring, it arrived here in CT about 4 days ago. It is sooooo nice to have all the dirty piles of snow gone, to be able to open the windows during the day, hang out laundry, have crocus and snow drops blooming (close to the house) and be outside working in the yard.

I couldn't wait for the weekend to be outside. I gathered the lingering leaves from the perennial beds and raked them. I even planted an Evening Primrose today and dug up a couple of perennials to give to a friend.

Liesel was outside a good part of the day of the deck with a couple of her chew toys within view/ear shot. She loves being out there and even got to see a neighbor's cat in my yard (staring down a mole hole). Of course that brought on very loud, constant barking so I had to put her inside for a break.

I will be back outside tomorrow afternoon after a few chores. Loving this weather.
I need to get some pansies to plant.

Hope you are sharing the same kind of spring weather.

4 comments:

  1. I almost took a photo because today in Michigan - it is snowing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm enjoying the beautiful spring weather here in New York too. Ready to get outside and work in the flower beds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this time of year when you appreciate 50 degree weather. I pulled all the dead flowers and leaves from my flower beds last night and there was enough to fill the bed of a pick-up truck. So guess what I'll be doing tonight!! Picking up leaves and loading them into the bed of the truck to haul to the compost at the in-laws house. Fun fun, but my bulbs are starting to come up, so I'm glad I noticed before they bloomed, or laying mulch would be a lot harder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaah... spring. I miss spring... :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)