Sunday, March 7, 2010

Signs of Spring in CT

1. Warm sunny weather with temps over 50
2. Walk along the river with Liesel and friends for the first time in 2010
3. Clothes hanging out on the line and actually completely drying
4. Snow mostly all melted
5. Chipmunks in the yard
6. Crocus and snowdrops ready to bloom close to the house's foundation
7. Made a spring arrangement on grapevine wreath for front door
8. Bought Easter candy for gifts
9. Thinking of cleaning perennial beds before bulbs start coming up
10. Doing errands without a jacket as sweatshirt is warm enough
11. Planning trip to NH and not taking a snowstorm into consideration
12. Washed down coat and put it away
13. Able to wear Crocs and not worry about snow
14. Thinking I should remove reflective stakes to define my lawn so snow plows won't destroy it like last year but afraid I'll jinx it and a snowstorm will appear
15. I love winter, snow, cold weather but am ready to bid it farewell until next December.

3 comments:

  1. It is the variety I love. The coming of spring is SO delicious, but only if it is a change from winter. One fall/winter I lived in Santa Barbara California and it was SO depressing when the weather just kept on being sunny and nice. Well, it WAS sunny and nice...just so very hard to APPRECIATE it rightly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way the year that I lived outside of San Francisco. I yearned for a blizzard or ice storm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love spring! Our mini dachshund Lily goes to a doggy day care sometimes to play with her friends and one of the workers commented to me the other day that Lily went outside to play for the first time since fall. She said you know it's spring when the dachshunds will come out to play. Too bad she has to live in Sask, where it's too cold for her to want to leave the house for 6 months....

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)