Saturday, March 13, 2010

My Addiction

Yes, I confess I have an addiction. It's all my daughter's fault as she is the one that got me into this and thus began my addiction. You are probably thinking, "How can this sweet grandma who loves little girls' smocked dresses and dachshunds have an addiction?" Well, I do.

I started off slowly 5 1/2 years ago scrapbooking and accumulating paper, stickers, organizers and carriers. I then went on to embellishments such as chipboard, stickle, inks, stamps, ribbon, brads, buttons, tools, etc. When I'd go to a scrapbook store and see something I "had to have", I bought it. I am a weekly shopper at Michael's Crafts. Gradually my collection grew and grew. I added more storage things, had shelves built in a closet, bought a Queen Anne highboy for my dining room (to fill with scrapping stuff). My scrapping stuff has overtaken my dining room as I have not been good about putting new things where they belong. My daughter and the girls will be here at the beginning of the summer and I have to get it all organized before their arrival as I don't want her to think that her mother has lost her marbles. Really, it's not my fault but all her fault for getting me into scrapping.

7 comments:

  1. You know I LOVE all that stuff, too....but have never been into "scrapping" per se. What I love to do is make cards. And beyond that, other interesting "art" projects...especially for the Religious Education classes....things like frames for pictures, decorative illustrations, "enhanced" holy cards, and so forth. It is so true that all the pretty things, especially the papers are addictive. Worse yet, I tend to hoard. I have a lot of papers that are "too good" to use....but I get a lot of pleasure just looking through them.

    My favorite projects were my children's Adoption Announcements.

    I'm hoping to make some really lovely invitations for the party I want to have for Lydia in the spring. Since I am not that good at party-giving I expect that the invitations might be the best thing about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am addicted to coffee!
    I would like to scrap, but am not that organized!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to be like that but blogging took its place. However, if I didn't have kids still at home....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie: I also hoard some of my supplies and also enjoy looking at them. I'm sure the invitations for Lydia and your SIL's party will be lovely and made with lots of love.

    Susan: My scrapbooking supplies were organized but the past 10 months or so I haven't put things away when I bought them. I need to devote a weekend to clearing it all up.

    Christine: Since it's just me and the dog, I can scrap whenever I want and leave it all out on the kitchen table and surrounding chairs/floors. I also go to a crop one night a week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I wish I could take part in this great addiction, but out of necessity I've turned toward e-scrapbooking. That way I don't have the mess for the kids to get into - although now that the kids are all older, I probably wouldn't have nearly the problem with them getting into all of my stuff. Maddie is the only one I would have to watch - and even she is getting better about it. Still, since all of my photos are digital its just easier for me to 'scrap' online.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do such beautiful scrapbooks! Wish we lived closer so we could scrap together. You have such good ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the same addiction! I'm a collector too! I like to "collect" pretty patterned paper and then I can't use it for anything because it's too nice! I often tell my husband that I should just get my paycheque direct deposited into Michaels' back account...would save the hassle of having money on hand!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)