Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Reflective Markers for the Snow Plow

Last winter the town plow did a job on the front edge of my lawn. In the spring, I called the highway dept. and they came out to look at it. They refused to fix the problem and that really ticked me off. I had my neighbor's son fix it and paid him as I wanted it back like it should be.

This fall I went out and bought reflective stakes and lined them up at the end of my lawn. They did the trick and my front lawn is not ripped up from the plow.

It's now March 17th and in the mid 60's this week in CT. Those reflective stakes sure do look silly still at the edge of my lawn and I should take them down. But, it's CT and we still could get a freak snowstorm even in the beginning of April.

This weekend I am going to give my perennial beds a freshening up as the plants will be sprouting and then it's much more difficult to do. I might even buy some pansies and plant them in hanging pots for out by the road. Those reflective stakes will really look weird. Of course I have a ditsy neighbor across the street that threw her Christmas tree out her front door in January and it's still at the bottom of the steps. Wonder how long it will be there decorating the front door?

It's spring weather this week here in CT and everyone is loving it. My dog was at doggie daycare today and the dogs were outside a lot so she's a tired doggie tonight. As I sit here typing, she is curled up right next to me sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)