Sunday, March 14, 2010

Wet Weekend in CT

The rains came on Friday night after hearing the local weather forecasts for days on the local TV news. With the coverage, you'd think we were going to be flooded out and needed to evacuate. It's March and rain happens.

Yesterday I hit a scrapbook tag sale at 8:00 AM after waiting for a half hour in the car for the doors to open. I picked up some "deals" and "finds". Then I did errands, went grocery shopping and got a haircut.

Since we turned the clocks ahead an hour last night at bedtime, I knew I would want to sleep in. Add in a dark, drizzly day and the dog and I spent many hours in that comfy bed before getting up. Oh how we love days like this. Sleeping in, reading in bed, napping in bed and no guilt.

When I finally got up, I did some laundry and made a spaghetti sauce and did a little scrapbooking.

It has been a flannel and sweatshirt day - love it.

Monday's P.S. - I guess the rains were very bad in the southern part of CT with lots of flooding, schools closed in Fairfield today and there were deaths over the weekend relating to all the rain and flooding. I found all this out this morning on the local TV news while getting ready for work.

4 comments:

  1. Hm....it might have been comforting thinking of you as I arrived at work at 6:30; ran two sessions of RE before noon (which included my teaching two sessions myself), spent the afternoon preparing for the evening session, and organizing the 6th - 8th grade lesson plans....only to arrive home (after a stop at the grocery store for lunch items for tomorrow) to be told that there was no MILK, and no DOG FOOD.... So out again to another grocery store, on swollen feet, to pick up those things)...and then before taking my coat off I noticed a pile three feet high of dirty laundry...and no one has had dinner. Any wonder I'm sitting here, still in my coat, avoiding it all?

    I think your Sunday beats mine, hands down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm, what about Craig's doing the laundry, grocery shopping and preparing dinner while you were working all day at the office?

    I think I prefer the day Liesel the dog and I had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the perfect day. I spent the day crocheting around the edge of blankets for my little grandson that will be arriving soon. I almost felt guilty - but that feeling didn't last long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have plenty of wet days here in the Northwest. Yesterday, however, wasnt one of them.
    We brought 2 of our grandsons home from church with us. We hung out, worked in the yard, I cleaned the garage, Petros tried to put together a train set hmmm, let the boys watch Cinderella, wanted to take a nap, thats about it.
    I love flannel and sweatshirt days. They are my favorite clothes!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)