Sunday, October 24, 2010

My dog

When I got Liesel over 2 1/2 years ago, I wondered what I'd gotten in to as she was a naughty, naughty puppy and very hyper. Somehow I survived her chewing the kitchen cabinet and old linoleum floor (2 round holes), her fleece blankets in her crate and anything she could wrap her small teeth around. I wished she would curl up with me on the couch and sleep next to me instead of barking at me and using me for a dog chew toy.

We got through that first year and she mellowed a bit. She still does chew holes in her fleece blankets though. She does love to be curled up next to me on the couch now and especially if she's under the down throw. This is my down throw that I've mended many chew holes in from her chewing stage. If I even walk towards the den, she has to beat me there to make sure she's right with me.

Often when I am standing at the kitchen counter working, she rests right between my feet head first. If I sit at the kitchen table and cross my legs at the ankles, she crawls on top of them. Right now she is sitting touching my left leg. She loves to be RIGHT NEXT TO ME.

Yes, we've bonded.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a true friend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, so sweet. (and glad you finally got there!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's adorable. Sometimes it's hard to realize how much we love our pets when they are so naughty. The first time I realized how much I would miss Walter if anything happened to him was when he was two and he ran off from my sisters house. Ever since then I knew how much that naughty dog meant to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time we see a doxie we think of Leisie and how much much we love her!!! So glad you stuck it out and she came around!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)