Thursday, October 14, 2010

Toasty or a Little Chilly?

Each October I face the question as to when I should give in and turn on the furnace. Naturally I try to hold out as long as I can - a matter of principle.

Most evenings it has been 65 or 66 inside the house this past week. Tonight when I got home and checked the temperature, it said 63. I have a turleneck on, a lightweight sweatshirt, jammie pants and actually put sox on with my Crocs. If I were going to be sitting at the kitchen table scrapping, I think I'd break down and push the on button. But, I plan to be on the couch under the down throw with the dog so I can put it off for another time.

Do you out there go through the same game each October?

4 comments:

  1. Yes! and my response to your title was - BOTH!

    My office has been so cold a few days that I almost couldn't work, despite a fairly heavy jacket. I get up to teach the Koreans and am really freezing, but often getting the children from school, I'm hot and open the window.

    No wonder people are coming down with colds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We do, we do. And it mostly the dampness that gets us. And then the question is - to turn on the furnace or light the wood burning stove.
    We are still holding on, it is a matter of principal.
    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not so much the furnace - but as far as clothes! Do I wear long sleeve or short, capri pants or pants, shoes or flip flops. Sometimes I just want our weather to make the decision for us, but we are still in limbo. Now, if I were you dressed as you were under a blanket ... yes, I would have definitely pushed the button. I do not like the frozen feeling. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Petros has put a small fire in the woodstove for chilly mornings:)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)