Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sunday - Productive Day

I had good intentions of getting up at a decent hour, starting laundry, hanging it out and getting outside to start on yardwork. I planned on working for 4 - 5 hours in my perennial gardens and also pruning.

Well, Liesel and I were lazy in bed and I was absorbed in my book. We did not get up at a decent hour but who cares. I did do a load of wash and hang it out, pruned shrubs, planted spring bulbs and cut back one of the perennial beds. I did work for over 4 hours outside so I accomplished what I wanted. The nice thing is that I am not limping around tonight from the work as I did not overdue.

I actually at dinner at a decent hour. Liesel has abandoned me and is sleeping up on the couch in the den. She had a busy day as she was out on her line watching me and snooping around in the perennial bed as I worked.

Reading in bed in the AM, hanging out laundry and yard work equals a productive day. The weather was gorgeous and it was nice being outside to enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. good for you! we had a lazy sunday - I sort of miss yard work - maybe more the yard than the work, but after woking in the yard I did always feel good, like I accomplished something useful. It has been getting cold here - 29 this morning - brr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds idyllic! Far better than working all day inside...but I'm glad to have a job! And if it is a 7 day a week job, that's my fault, I guess.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)