Thursday, October 28, 2010

Anticipation

I think part of the fun of doing something is looking forward to it.

This weekend I will be visiting friends. Going to their house is like going to a homey, beautiful B & B with two resident gourmet chefs. Their house is a federal colonial that they restored and filled with antiques. It's beautiful decorated and no professional could do a better job of it. Add in all the delicious food they cook and bake, and wow. Both of them are gourmets and love to be in the kitchen. A lot of what they prepare was grown on their land - from the honey, grape juice and jam to the variety of veggies.

There are also some wonderful holiday events in the area that we'll go to on Sunday so that will be lots of fun. I love doing things like that.

The best part will be spending time with friends.

Liesel will have a mini vacation too as she'll spend the time with the owner of the doggie daycare and she LOVES going to her house. She loves her husband and snuggling with him on the couch. She will get to go to the doggie daycare for two of the days to play with her 2 and 4 legged friends. When she comes home, she will be one tired pup.

Hope you have a good weekend and Happy Halloween.

5 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween to you too!
    Have a nice trip.
    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had know ahead of time you would be in town. Me and Ryan (for his B-day) went to the circus Sat night with the kids and I had to work all day Sunday and then of course I had to rush home for trick-r-treating. You didn't miss much if you didn't get home to pass out candy. Candy is was too expensive anymore and the kids are greedy...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a wonderful visit/weekend with my friends and probably gained several pounds from all their delicious cooking. They even sent me home with an apple pie baked that morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm... Bet I can guess who you're talking about:) I love it there too! Especially the food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah... You must have had such fun there! How much weight did you guys gain??!! I could kill for one of Cecelia's cinnamon rolls right now...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)