Thursday, December 17, 2009

Countdown to Moscow

So I got up at 5:15 after less than 4 hours sleep. I only got to bed at 12:30 and was just falling asleep when some jerk called here at 1:00. I looked at Caller ID and it was not a number I knew, so I swore at the caller and slammed the phone down. I was MAD! Went into work before 7:00 and thought I'd get a head start. I had planned to leave at 12:00 but just was too busy and don't like to leave things hanging so it was after 1:00. I had some errands to do and finally was home and settled around 4:30 after running in and out once.

I needed to pay bills but first I had to sort through the mountain of paper to find them all. I was in the midst of that when a friend came by to pick up gifts for his kids and to look at my leaking roof from up in the attic as he will give it a temporary fix when it warms up and the snow is gone.

Fortunately my dear friend came over to rescue me and we tackled the rest of the massive packing. If it were just clothes, I'd have been done ages ago but it is all the other stuff (books, Bath & Body Works, DVDs, American Girl, Webkinz, candles, etc. that all have to be packed. Then the fun job is to weigh the suitcases. I get on the scale and weigh myself (almost cry when I see the number) and then pick up a suitcase and get back on. This is backbreaking and to add to it, I have to do it over and over as the scale is acting up and keeps saying error. Of course, they were all over 50 lbs. so it's then the job to remove what we think is the overage and get back on. Then it's under so we slowly add things back and keep weighing. The good part is that it's done and the 3 50 lb. suitcases are by the door. The carry-on is packed and I just have to change pocketbooks.

I have to still finish paying bills and make a dumpster run. Oh yes, it's 10:25 P.M. and 10 degrees outside (just checked). My body aches and I have a headache. I am showing signs of fatigue and age.

I decided to be comfy and will be traveling in my knit cotton pants that are sort of like sweats, a sweatshirt and turtleneck and my crocs (with sox). I don't care as I want to be comfortable and I won't know anyone at JFK or on the plane.

I have had late nights every night all week and my alarm will be going off at 5:00 tomorrow to do last minute things and bring Liesel to doggie daycare at 6:45. She'll be there all day and then be going home with the owner. She did the same when I went to Moscow in May and she loved it. It was her doggie spa vacation getaway. It's nice going away and knowing my dog is so happy and well cared for.

Signing off.

7 comments:

  1. I am glad that Liesel will have a merry Howliday with her friends and a nice spa vacation while you are with YOUR GRANDCHILDREN!! How exciting. Your post made me exhausted just reading; hopefully you will sleep all the way to Moscow and be refreshed upon arrival. =)

    Have a wonderful Christmas with your family, and many blessings of joy and good health in the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elle: Thank you for your warm message. I just hung up with my daughter about 15 minutes ago and got back to my bill paying when the phone rang and it was my younger granddaughter. I can't wait to see and hug them!

    As for sleeping on the flight on Friday night, that probably won't be easy as it full and there is someone in the seat next to me. I'm on the aisle so I'll be bumped whenever someone walks by. I had less than 4 hours sleep tonight and I probably won't get much more tonight.

    It's -9 there now with a windchill of -23. My daughter said it is horribly cold. Not looking forward to that.

    My dog will have such a good time with the other dogs and being at Mary's house.

    My best wishes for a Merry Christmas for you with your husband, children and family members.

    I'll post from Moscow as will my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Tina!!
    Sorry for all the exhausting work, but you'll have such a great time when you get there!

    I can hardly wait to hear about your Moscow adventures. Hope you get a little rest in the days ahead.

    LOL...Liesel has got a great vacation ahead.
    ~ PattiLynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I haven't been by in awhile. I'm trying to take a week off from work and have to write all my stories for the week BEFORE I leave. UGH.
    I am so excited for you! Have a wonderful trip...enjoy those girls and I'll send up a quick prayer that you'll be able to get a little sleep on that plane!
    Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a nice trip!
    Say Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from us to everyone in Moscow.
    Enjoy your grandchildren!
    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful trip and a Merry Christmas! Give Tamara a big hug for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We (me, 3 large suitcases, a carry-on that weighed a ton and a pocketbook/sachel that could hold enough for a weekend) arrived mid morning on Sat.

    I am sooooo glad that my flight was Fri. and not Sat. because of the big snowstorm that hit the US East Coast.

    I'll update my blog on Monday as I'm home alone until 2:00.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)