Thursday, December 24, 2009

The stockings are placed

by the big window with care in hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there. There's no mantle in the Moscow apt. so they can't be hung. The girls are FINALLY asleep and we are all heading to bed too.

Today was school and I went w/Natalia for the morning. Then Tami came for me and we came home to do some Xmas things are were back at school for play rehearsal around 3:30. After that it was over to Natalia's school w/Katya for their piano recital. Both girls played a solo and they a duet together. I was so happy and proud to be there.

Can you believe this one ignorant, rude mother did not shut off her cell phone and spoke on it a few times. She also kept trying to speak to Tami during the recital. If it had been the US, I would have given her my "looks could kill" stare. Her sons also were fidgety and annoying. The two 1 1/2 - 2 year little brother of one of the girls performing was far better behaved. Also, one boy had full bangs and shoulder length hair and I first thought he was a girl.

Russian people are insane about their cell phone and always have them in their hands. Will the world come to an end if they have a call that goes to their voice mail? Natalia's teacher's phone must have rung 3 or 4 times but she ignored it but for the first call. Tami said it is usually parents calling the teachers. Hello, don't they realize the teachers are probably busy teaching their darling children?

Katya and Natalia did beautifully in their piano recital as did the other pianists. There were a few violin students and their playing was painful but we sat there attentively listening, smiling and clapping at the end.

Tami is the only parent that I saw with flowers for the piano teacher. Also the only parent that I saw with floral bouquets for her children performing.

We came home, ate homemade chili she'd made this afternoon, showered and tried to get the girls in bed but you know how that is.

Merry Christmas!

P.S. My sinuses started to fill up and I have a runny nose. Popped an allergy pill tonight around 9:00 and my Lunesta arund 11:00 so hope I'll sleep well.

2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas to you and the entire family! Sounds like you're having an amazing visit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How splendid that you were there!

    Have a lovely day tomorrow! Time for me to get to bed....after FIVE hours at church, present wrapping....finally done!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)