Saturday, December 26, 2009

Sinuses Gotcha Down?

My sinuses are crappy and that's how my head feels. I did go to Natalia's program this morning but am not up for the long ride to and from the party at the ritzy dacha (classmate of Katya's). My SIL is also suffering from sinus problems and we both were planning to stay home and then Natalia wanted to stay home with us. Tami and Katya were going to go but now Katya wants to stay home so everyone will be home. I think the girls are just tired.

The school doctor (a friend of Tami's) checked me out after the class program and wrote down what Tami needed to buy for me at the pharmacy. We stopped on our way home but I don't feel any different. Of course, it's only been 5 hours so I can't expect a miracle. Sure hope the meds kick in by tomorrow and that this doesn't lead into a sinus infection (which I get about once every year or two). This also could be allergy related as they have 2 long hair cats and I'm allergic to cats. I would think if that were the case, then it would have started within a day of my arrival.

I'm really bummed as I really wanted to go and see this dacha complete with an outside "room" and the boy's treehouse.

The parents of Katya's classmate invited the entire class and their families. It was my chance to see how the "other half" here in Moscow lived.

7 comments:

  1. Bummer, I also wanted to see how the Rich and Fabulous live in Moscow.
    But it is such a busy time, its easy to get overtired!!
    It's sweet that your grans wanted to stay with you!!!
    Have a great time,
    julianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we first arrived in Moscow, I had the most ghastly sinus mess. I had horrible headaches all the time and could not do anything but sleep. Of course, we had no furniture except an air mattress that leaked. It all finally went away, but it took days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes; I fear you have let us down rather horribly. But, I certainly understand! My sinus pills were not up to the job this last couple of days and it just makes you feel so awful! No excuses, though - I had to drive to Pittsburgh; Craig wasn't feeling well either, and doesn't know the new car well.

    But things are a bit better today...hope you are feeling better, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How are you feeling now, Tina? Hope you're enjoying your time in Moscow in the cold!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So - did you go to Suzdal? I did get to go there with Sergei and Craig one glorious day. Oh - to relive that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new header photo - very wintery!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wed. night (really Thursday AM) - Sinuses just about normal. Being out in the cold air walking around so much really helped as did the sinus meds.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)