Sunday, February 7, 2010

Lazy Winter Sunday

Today I had one of my favorite winter Sundays. You probably are wondering what exciting thing I did. Did I go for a long walk enjoying the sunny day? Did I go to a movie with a friend? Did I go shopping and find some great buys? Did I go out to lunch? Did I spend the day doing crafts?

No to all of the above and any other ideas you might have. Liesel and I spent the day reading in my favorite place. Yup, we were between the blue fleece sheets. The sun was shinning in my room and I was snug under the covers with my furry hot water bottle snoozing next to me. Some of you are probably wondering how a dog would want to stay in bed but you don't know dachshunds. They love to be next to you under the covers and will stay like that as long you are there. They want to be right next to you and if you move an inch, they'll scoot right next to you.

I went to the library yesterday and read one of my books, "The Lucky Child". I couldn't put it down. It is a true autobiography of a child that lived to survive Auschwitz.

Hunger and thirst (and finishing my book) finally got me up. Liesel was not in a hurry to go out as dachshunds hate to get out of bed and be put outside in the cold.

I love to read and if I have a good book, I let everything else slide and spend hour upon hour reading.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful way to spend a day off.

    Cecelia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just went back to read my post and found all my errors so I made my grammatical corrections. Guess I was tired from my day of reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a lovely day! I sure know what you mean about dachshund snuggling! Our Lily could sleep all day under the covers as long as we were with her....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am reading a book for the second time. I couldn't put it down. Now I am reading it to the kids.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)