Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Winter in CT

When one thinks of winter in Connecticut, what comes to mind?

* Cold, crisp days with temps dipping down to the single digits
* Bright blue clear skies
* Northeasters - blizzards with a foot or more of snow
* Sleet and ice

We've had some single digit weather and one morning I had zero on my outdoor thermometer. We've had snow but never a substantial amount.

Today the groundhog saw his shadow so we are in for another 6 weeks of winter. Wonder if we'll get a real Northeaster before spring is here and we see crocus bulbs popping their way through the ground.

I do love winter and snow but sure hate having to go out every few hours at night to shovel during one. Nothing is worse than that at 11:00 PM when I'm snug and warm in my flannels inside the house. Since I have a dachshund and they come with short little legs, I have to keep the front steps cleared and shovel a path for her to go out on.

7 comments:

  1. I agree,
    it would be nice to have one real snowstorm. I am voting for 3 feet!
    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I want to be out every two hours shoveling that much snow. I'd take a foot on a Saturday so I don't have to be out for work.

    Wonder how much snow we'll get this Sat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My little dachshund needs me to be out shoveling for her as she has short little legs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you haven't had too much snow to deal with, but I know how much you enjoy simply looking at it! Even with how awful the snow/ice have been this winter, I do love snow... And I'll take winter over dreadful Moscow heat and mud season ANY time...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, I love watching it snow but from inside my house with a craft project and a good movie on the TV or curled up on the couch with a dog and book.

    I also will take the frigit cold anyday over the heat and humidity any time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're not alone! Even my long-legged greyhounds prefer a path shoveled for them as well as a patch of the yard cleared.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)