Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Winter Storm

As the media tends to do, they hyped everyone in CT up for a big snowstorm today and predicted 6 - 12 inches. OK, 12 inches is quite a bit of snow but it's CT and Feb. so we are supposed to get snow. Some schools cancelled last night for today and many of us brought our laptops home from work so we could WFH.

It did start snowing around 7:00 this morning and I kept waiting for the heavy snow to start. Well, it never did and a half hour ago the TV weather said it's now going to be 2 - 5 inches. Big deal.

They are saying that there will be ice tonight under the snow and slippery but I'm not going anywhere.

CT has really escaped all the blizzards that have hit south of us since Dec. 19. I have about 2" of snow covering my grass which is really unusual for Feb. in CT.

It allowed me to sleep more than an hour later this morning as all I had to do was go downstairs to my laptop all set up in the den. The benefit was that I could stay in my flannels, turtleneck, sweatshirt and slippers all day. When working from home, it's so quiet and no one is coming up to you so you can work well and be very productive.

Liesel has enjoyed having me home.

7 comments:

  1. 2-5 inches would have closed schools in my area. I see the reports on the national news about the East; some of the pictures are amazing. We reached record breaking snow accumulations last year for our area. It was gorgeous. In contrast we have had zero accumulation this winter season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We brought our computers home last night too.
    But this morning all we had was just an inch of snow, hardly an excuse not to show up for work. So we went to work, and then it started to snow really hard. After lunch we left work and went home. As soon as we came home the heavy snow stopped and it is very light snow ever since. And it is still snowing! I wonder what it will be like tomorrow morning.
    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  3. Schools were closed here as they had predicted up to 12 inches. It's a shame that a snow day was wasted as they could have gone to school in the AM and then left around lunchtime and it would have counted for a day of school. We really got nothing in the morning in our area.

    I only have about an inch or two here and it's very wet snow (good for making a snowman or snowballs).

    It's very pretty out as the trees are full of the snow as it's sticky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since I'd made the decision to work for home and my boss was too, I'm glad that I stayed home as I got things done without interruptions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The East coast has been doused with snowstorms since a big one on Dec. 19th but CT has escaped them as they are all further south.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our kids had a snow day yesterday, too... Snowdays have really gotten out of hand, seems to me...but I guess when they have to do all the bussing, they have to make sure kids they are responsible for get to school safely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They close school for practically an inch of snow. I grew up in CT and we used to get LOTS of snow and I don't remember the number of snow days that now are being used. Could it be the fear of lawsuits?????

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)