Monday, August 2, 2010

Are you sure I'm living in the CT burbs?

OK, I've had bears walk through my yard and leave me a "present". There are lots of bear sightings in my neighborhood by my friends whose property backs up to the woods.

They often hear coyotes howling/barking in the distance in the woods. Fortunately they stay in the woods.

Tonight at 8:30 it was dusky outside when I opened the front door to clip Liesel to her line for a duty call. Luckily I had a good hold on her collar as across the street leaped a big deer. It ran into the road and then I'm sure through the neighbor's yard to go into the woods. I've seen deer before in our area but never in my neighborhood. Cool!

Liesel went crazy and I'm sure they heard her a mile away. Dachshunds were originally breed to be hunters and I'm sure she would excel if given the chance to go after varmints.

Sure wish the girls had been here to see the deer.

Now I know that the woods in our area have fishers and bobcats but I hope to never see one of them. I live in the burbs and not out in the wilds.

2 comments:

  1. Wow; things are getting rather wild...could be the beginning of a Hitchcock movie....

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's sad that the wild animals are being forced out of their wooded habitats.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)