Sunday, August 1, 2010

Looking forward to day trips with the girls

When my daughter and the girls return this week, I'm going to take some vacation days off to do things with the girls during the day. My daughter needs her turn to just stretch out on the rope hammock with her books for the afternoon with nothing to do but read and nap.

I'm looking forward to taking the girls off day tripping. I am compiling a list for us to chose from: tubing on a river, going to the beach, going to a science museum, visiting some historical places.

Some of those night, we might end up at Panera Bread so my daughter can have a whole day to herself. She deserves it.

And for selfish reasons, I'll enjoy being with my granddaughters.

3 comments:

  1. Ah....sounds wonderful, for all of you! How I wish I could spend some time with Calvin. How I wish I had a day in which to rest. Somehow, while I'm here, every day demands work here, work there, work everywhere. Such pressure. I know this summer isn't as restful for Tamara as she'd hoped (or as she needs) but I bet if she stayed in Moscow, she'd feel overwhelmed too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie,

    I live with just the dog, my daughter is grown and I have just two granddaughters. My only responsibility is my dog.

    I wish you had your grandson closer so you could have along time with him. Any chance of visiting them alone this summer for a few days?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds absolutely perfect, Tina! I'm sure Tami will appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)