Sunday, August 1, 2010

Bears in the burbs

I just put my dachshund out for her last call of the night. It is a gorgeous summer night - not too hot, no humidity and just right. It would be perfect for a nice walk around the block but..... There are bears out there in the burb woods. Yup, here I am in the CT burbs and thinking of bears, coyottes and bobcats. I've seen a bear twice in my yard and my neighbors see them often as their property backs up to the woods and they leave birdfeeders out. They have heard coyottes in the woods too. The local paper has had stories about bobcats in the area.

So I had the dog out for a minute and in we came. She went back to curl up in the down throw on the den couch and I'm at my laptop in the kitchen watching a "Everybody Loves Raymond" rerun.

Well, my late night walk was a nice idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)