Friday, November 5, 2010

Yarn and Candles

Tomorrow my friend Diane and I are heading off for a day in MA. Our first stop is for bagels to munch in the car as we head north to a huge yarn shop/factory in Northampton. I've never been to the place but she has and raves about it. She told me to bring patterns (and money).

Then we get back on the highway and go to Yankee Candle for lunch, browsing, and shopping. The highlight of the afternoon will be the Von Trapps. Four of Maria and the Baron's grandchildren have carried on the family singing tradition and they'll be performing at Yankee Candle. After seeing them on Oprah's Sound of Music Reunion last week, we said, "We HAVE to go." So, ROAD TRIP.

Sure wish Cecelia lived closer as she'd love to join us for the day's outing.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds just lovely! Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a nice trip.
    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you would be good frineds with my MIL who loves yarn too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll soon be lighting my Christmas tree candles from there. Remember what fun it was when Katya made her own candles that time when we were there? Natalia was just a newborn...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)