Sunday, December 26, 2010

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow....

We are having our first storm of the season and it's going to be a big northeaster. The weather reports are for a foot and a half to more of snow, drifting and high winds.

Since today was the big after Xmas shopping day, I was pulling out of the driveway at 7:15 and hit some stores along the business road a mile or two away. I started out at two drug stores and moved on to other shops and the grocery store. I did very well finding things at 50 - 75% off for gifts for next December, for my granddaughters and for my daughter to have to stock up her gift box for gifts the girls give to school friends. After quite a few cell phone calls to Moscow asking, "Do you want this, how many, what sizes should I get, etc?", I drove home with my purchases and groceries. I was home around noon and the flakes had just started sticking. I was glad to be back home to beat the storm and with all my "finds".

I made a really nice dinner and have enough for the next few nights.

Laundry is done, dishes are washed and I'm ready to settle down on the couch with the dog to watch a Xmas movie.

Our blizzard is suppose to last until 5 - 6 PM tomorrow night so you can bet that I'll be outside quite a few times shoveling off the front steps, path for the dog and back deck steps. I get plowed so imagine that will be some time tomorrow.

I am so glad that I'm on vacation from work all week so I don't have to be out on the roads.

Let's just hope that the high winds don't take out the power as sitting in a cold house with no lights is no fun.

2 comments:

  1. It is snowing here all day! Very pretty site. Tomorrow will be the driveway cleaning day.
    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be careful shoveling and on your steps!!!!

    What did you have for dinner?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)