Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Another Step Closer to Moscow

Tonight I gave a final glance through the Lands End catalogs and made my selections. I've been on a search for winter snow boots as my high ones finally gave out last year. I noticed that the classic Lands End ones for kids went up to size 7 so I asked if that was the same as a ladies 7. The customer service rep told me that a youth 7 is a ladies 5 so I added a pair to my list.

I placed my order and hope everything fits or I'll be going to Sears with returns.

I'd been looking for snow boots all month in the local stores and had not found what I wanted so I was happy to let Lands End end my search.

I have all the stuff out to box to send to my SIL in CO so he can bring it back in their checked luggage/boxes. He and the girls will be visiting his parents over Halloween for their fall week off from school.

I need to book my transportation to JFK to make sure that I have a seat.

Next is filling out my visa application and sending it off to the agency to present to the Russian Embassy for approval to visit Russia.

Can you tell that I'm anxious to board the flight for Moscow?

12 comments:

  1. Honestly, I'm not surprised a bit. I figured you'd packed long ago! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to pack a big box tonight to take to the UPS Store tomorrow to go to Chris in CO so he can bring it back after their visit w/his parents. I'd planned to do it last night but found out too late that I didn't have the right size box and the UPS Store changed their hours and close earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Natalie,

    We've planned since last fall that I'd go to Moscow for Christmas this year. The trip last May was a spur-of-the-moment because of the $365 round trip fare from JFK (too good to pass up). Tami has also wanted me to come in the spring to see Moscow full of flowers and not in the frigid, icy season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can tell that you are very anxious!
    That is a good feeling though, I hope to get to the same stage soon.
    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  5. Olga,

    I hope the two of you will soon start packing for Christmas in Australia.

    It's now 9:00 and I am starting to pack. I am worried it won't be in CO by the 30th so I'm sending the Halloween costume and goodies by faster deliver and the big box UPS Ground.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I can say is that I am jealous of "Christmas in Moscow!"
    I would love it one day!! Does it usually snow during the holiday?

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I was there 5 years ago for Xmas, it was white and it snowed a few times but only flurries. I had really wanted to go outside the city for a ride in a troika but there wasn't enough snow. Hopefully this December there will be. I can say that it was COLD and WINDY and I was very happy to have a fat down coat with a big collar and hood.

    Hope Anna is much better today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. JJJ - You and I should do that sometime! My feelings were exactly the same!!! Though New Year's would be best of all, I think.

    Envying you, Tina!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope there is some snow! - they have been talking about blasting the clouds over the city to prevent snow this year! gad!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Annie,

    I hope that you and JJJ do get to be back in Moscow.

    Katherine,

    Horrors! Moscow at the holidays without snow! I also wonder what the chemicals are doing to everyone on the ground - 2 and 4 legged.

    I want to go on a troika ride in the country.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We'll have fun! I just saw signs for "Nutcracker" on ice-- staged by Tatyana Tarasova! We'll have to do that.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)