Thursday, October 15, 2009

It's White in CT...

and Halloween is over two weeks away. This is crazy. The leaves are just falling and most are still on the trees and not all have even turned yet. Mother Nature is messed up.

We were suppose to have rain today but in parts of CT, it turned to the white stuff. On my way home, I drove from rain to wet, sloppy flakes. There is a coating on the trees and roofs but the roads are just wet.

The deck has about a half inch of snow so when Liesel went out on it, there were little footprints everywhere. She was some surprised when she went out in the yard when I put her out after work. Dachshunds love snow (I've found) but hate rain. All of my doxies have loved to jump through the snow - even when it's fairly deep. A few raindrops and they don't want to budge off the front steps. Wimps!

She was very happy to come inside though and curl up on the couch.

It's suppose to be even colder tomorrow and wet. Weird for mid October.

I'll take this over the heat and humidity of summer any day!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, I can't even picture what that would look like this time of year. I agree, Mother Nature is messed up, and has been for awhile. We had a white Christmas last year ... I've lived here for 30 years and never seen that! ... and we had record temps throughout the entire summer.

    My beagle likes the rain but not the snow. Probably since she doesn't see much of the white stuff. But come winter, she is all about laying in front of the fire place!

    Enjoy the white stuff(?). =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elle,

    My dog would love laying in front of the fireplace but I never use it in the living room because I'm never in there and it makes the room so cold and sucks the warm air from the other rooms and up the chimney it goes. It also stinks up the upstairs rooms with a fireplace smokey odor, so it never gets used.

    Growing up in a house from the 1700's, we had a walk-in fireplace in our dining room which we used as a gathering room. On winter weekends my dad had a roaring fire going from Sat. morning until bedtime and then again all day on Sundays. The dogs (always had w or 3) were always stretched out on the huge stone hearth and the 3 cats would curl up with them.

    It's weird having a bit of snow tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had the same thing here too. We were driving from work yesterday talking about reports of snow north from us and all of a sudden here it comes - wow!
    It actually snowed this morning too - large white flakes! No accumulations for us. But still it is strange to have rain turning into a snow in the middle of October. If we ever seen any snow in October, it was dry cold weather and just a few snow-flakes in the air.
    The forecast is for more snow tomorrow.
    And all this despite of summer temperatures about 10deg lower normal and all last autumn and winter colder than usual. The global warming is bypassing us!
    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was suppose to be wet today too but the sun came out around lunchtime and it was sunny all afternoon. A nice surprise after yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's crazy early, isn't it?!

    When I was a kid I used to always wish that it would snow on my birthday... and then one year when I was in college it did and I spent my birthday at various airports trying to fly home.

    Is it supposed to be a cold winter this year?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Snow-- I cna hardly wrap my mind around that! I was just enjoying the beach in sunny California this past weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It still hasn't snowed here! A very short flurry a few weeks ago, but that was it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)