Sunday, October 4, 2009

Shopping for the Kids

That's one of my favorite things to do.

Yesterday I was in Gymboree as I have missed going in there. I hadn't been in since Tami and girls were here this summer. I saw an adorable "cat" gown on sale in the Halloween area of the store. The gown has a small leopard print top with black fur around the neckline and cuffs and a black netting type fabric puffy skirt. They only had 3 and one was Katya's size. When I spoke with Tami this morning, I started telling her about it and she asked me if it was the cat gown. She tried to buy it online at Gymboree and it was sold out in Katya's size. It is what Katya wanted to go trick or treating at her grandparents' in CO later this month. When Katya got on the phone, she was so excited about having the cat gown. Today I went back and bought the matching headbands (with cat ears) and leopard print tights. Was I every lucky that they had her size. Guess I know what my granddaughter likes. In the checkout line, a lady gave me her 20% total sales coupon. My lucky day.

The girls and my SIL will be flying to CO to visit his parents for the week of school vacation. They'll be there for Halloween so both girls will actually get to go trick or treating in the US. They haven't been able to do that since Katya was 3 and Natalia was 10 months old so this is a big holiday for them. I'm glad that Grandpa and Grandma Bravo will be able to share their fun and excitement.

While out this weekend, I hit sales at a local toy store and Justice so shopped for both girls. More for me to bring over to Moscow in December. I love shopping for the girls but it's not as easy as when they were little as they are very opinionated in what they do and don't like.

The last few weeks I've just lucked out shopping and have gotten quite a few Christmas presents. I am all done for the Muscovites but for some stocking stuffers. I'm done with all my other friends' gifts as I bought a lot last winter and whenever I'd see the perfect gift. I've made a few gifts too. It's a good feeling to be where I am.

6 comments:

  1. And I bet you're half done packing too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My 1st suitcase is filling up. Since Chris and the girls will be visiting his parents later this month over school vacation, Tami wants me to mail things there for them to bring back. I can send things for the girls but not Chris and Tami's gifts or they wouldn't be a surprise on Dec. 25th.

    I can't pack my clothes until a few weeks before I go.

    I saw a new style of boots that Lands End has so I probably will order them as I need new snow boots. I have my down coat (Big Blue or Cinderella Blue) that I bought when I was there for Christmas 5 years ago. I only wear it for about a week in January when it is around zero as it is such a warm coat.

    I can't wait for the plane to land in Moscow with me on it. Miss them a lot!!!!! I also wanted to see Natalia with her two front teeth out but she told me today that one is growing in.

    I bet your Katya would love the new ladder in the girls' room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina, you can do my shopping now.

    That is really amazing that you and Tamara were so on the same wavelength. How cool was that?

    I want to pop into your suitcase and go to Moscow. Actually,

    ReplyDelete
  4. This computer is SO weird; I did NOTHING to post that!!!! I think it was someone telling me to go get the kids up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you heard of Crazy8? It's a new line from Gymboree. I just ordered a bunch of clothes from there online the other day. I should get them in the mail any day. I hope they are as cute and good quality as Gymboree, I'm a little worried cause they were a lot cheaper. I guess it's the Old Navy to Gap.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember our favorite salesperson at Gymboree telling us about Crazy 8. Yes, it's like Old Navy and GAP she told us. I'll have to go to their website and check it out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)