Sunday, October 4, 2009

Observations at the Laundromat

Since we had a rainy weekend here in CT, I couldn't hang out laundry and there was just too much wash to do today for my slow dryer so off I went to the laundromat in town. As much as I hate going there, it is good to get it all done at once in an hour.

I did wash one load at home so threw that in the dryer as soon as I got there before loading two large washers with laundry.

I brought a soda and my book so the time went by quickly and I enjoyed reading.

There were a couple of people that were there during that time. One woman came in with a blanket and comforter. I cringed when she was dragging it across the grungy carpet. A mom came in with her four kids and a few toys. All four kids were on the floor playing. I cringed again. I don't even put my laundry baskets on the floor.

Loaded up the car with all the folded laundry in a big basket and all the clothes on hangers. Came home and put everything away and made up my bed. I love getting into bed on Sunday nights to clean sheets. Maybe when I am retired, I'll wash my sheets daily so I can have the luxury of clean sheets each night.

8 comments:

  1. My son Pavel asked me to wash his sheets every day so he could have fresh ones when he went to bed - uh no - sorry kiddo! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The laundromat is a TREMENDOUS place to people-watch. I love the feeling of getting that much laundry done at once, the ambiance is never good....and it IS odd, isn't it, how a place dedicated to cleanliness, is so dirty.

    Yes, indeed, nothing like clean sheets that are hung out on the line!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you accomplished a lot. God bless you for your vision of daily clean sheets ;-)
    It does sound wonderful indeed.

    Saw your comment on Smiles and Trials..we are in CT too...thought I'd come by and say *hi*

    Kimmie
    mama to 7
    one homemade and 6 adopted

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didnt know Pavel liked clean sheets so much!!
    Clean sheets everyday is a tall order, retired or not!!
    I love the feel, smell of a fresh bed too.
    We went to the laundromat in Athens. It was clean, but lots of weird people.
    We finally broke down and bought a washing machine this trip. Ive never been so excited about a new appliance in my life:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fresh clean sheets! I also like switching from cotton to flannel in the winter, and back to cotton in the spring. Getting into a properly made up bed is also a comfort :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also use cotton sheets spring - fall and switch to fleece sheets in the late fall for the winter months. Ahhhh, wish I could crawl right back into those sheets and go back to sleep but it's off to work I go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A germ a phobic like you should NOT go to laundry mats. I love the idea of getting all the laundry done at once though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lori,

    You're right but the dirty laundry was piling up and it was raining so I had no choice. I'd started out to go to the nicer one in the next town on Sat. but it was pouring and I would've gotten soaked carrying out the 3 baskets of laundry. I put it off until Sunday and that nicer laundromat is closed on Sundays.

    I do like getting it all done at once. They ought to make laundromats sterile and have Internet connection available. I'd go more often for sure.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)