Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Pressure Is On

Liesel and I have two more weeks of dog obedience class. Tonight our instructor/trainer told us that for our last class, she wants each of us to teach our dogs a trick and to have the dog perform it during that class. Immediately I went into a panic as Liesel won't even do sit/stay for more than a few seconds.

Since she is a very verbal dog, the instructor/trainer said that I could teach her to speak. Oh my, I have my work cut out for me.

She is very much a German dog as she is smart but VERY strong willed. That seems to be a trait that we all have in my family - humans included.

I need to be better about training so we don't look like fools in two weeks.

4 comments:

  1. I hope you have fun with your dog tricks, haha! If that's her in your profile photo she's absolutely adorable! :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the round picture in my header is Liesel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina,
    good luck - smart and strong willed are not that easy to train!
    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Olga's comment. That is so true for children too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)