Sunday, November 22, 2009

Big day for Liesel

It was another gorgeous fall day here in CT with sunny skies and unusually warm temperatures. I wanted to take Liesel for a walk along the river so we both could enjoy the the beautiful day and get some exercise.

We started out with a stop at Petco and I bought a rotating electric nail file that I'll try out on her this week. Sure hope she sits still so I can do her nails.

From there we stopped in at the antique/used furniture shop so I could show the owners my cute Liesel. They have their dog there all the time so they are dog lovers.

We stopped at a couple of other shops by where I parked near the river and I carried her as they were an upscale baby/toddler shop and a gift shop. The gift shop has lots of holiday decorating items and is always so beautiful. I was surprised to see a display of Russian Christmas ornaments and matryoshka dolls. Boy, the prices were a lot more than at the big Russian shop on the Arabat and definitely more than at the Izmailovo Market (can't wait to go there in a month).

In the same section of town is a nursery/gift shop and we walked around outside admiring the fall and Christmas arrangements made with live greens and decorations. I could never afford to actually buy one of the arrangements as they are quite pricey but it's fun to look and get ideas. They have some of their Christmas trees out and they are all perfect. There is nothing like a real tree for beauty and aroma.

We had a nice walk along the river and met lots of friendly people and dogs. Liesel loves going for walks there and being outside. She also is a very social dog and so friendly to everyone we encounter.

I'm sitting on the edge of the couch with the laptop on the coffee table and guess who is curled up behind me under the down throw? She is exhausted from her walk and exciting afternoon.

A nice afternoon.

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great afternoon for both of you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I love walk time and cuddle time with your favorite dog!! The best. Sounds like a very good day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds lovely!
    The weather was beautiful today, and I love those bright blue skies.
    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a great day - I love looking at christmas decorations (or I guess here new year decorations).

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely, peaceful day! Once again, I wish we were neighbors!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)