Sunday, November 15, 2009

Christmas Shopping

Those of you that know me well know that I Christmas shop year 'round. Whenever I see something that I know is perfect for someone, I buy it and tuck it away. Even better if I find things on sale. I call this my "store". It comes in handy when I need a gift during the year as I have my stash.

I'm way ahead of the game for this holiday season but for finishing up stocking stuffers and one or two gifts. I hope to do all my gift wrapping over the Thanksgiving holiday. All the gifts that I'm bringing over with me to Moscow of course can't be gift wrapped. They all will be tucked away in my suitcases.

I'll also be bringing presents for Valentine's Day and Easter with me.

I do a lot of baking for Christmas gifts so that will start over Thanksgiving weekend too - spritz cookies and cranberry orange walnut breads.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I wish I could say the same. I usually START my Christmas shopping after Thanksgiving, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't go out Christmas shopping but it just "happens" when I'm out browsing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire your energy, thoughtfulness, and organization! I'm a slacker, I gotta step it up. :-)

    ~ PattiLynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always plan to do my shopping in advance, and it never works out that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cranberry bread sounds delicious! How do you make it?
    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  6. Olga,

    I just emailed it to you and Katya.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the cranberry bread recipe. I'm going to make it for Thanksgiving when the kids are home.

    You are very organized. I try - too many areas to organize.

    Cecelia

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm organized in some areas and others are very unorganized. My dining room holds my scrapbooking stuff and let's just say that I keep the door closed. I need more paper holders and a long weekend to spend sorting and organizing in there.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)