Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sleeping in and Soup Sunday

It was dreary and wet this morning so it was good to sleep in. Liesel has calmed down some and come to the realization that it's better to sleep in the big, comfy bed than in her dog crate. The nights that I take her up with me, she no longer is all over me at dawn to get up and has gotten into the Sunday morning routine of sleeping in and letting me read in bed. I never thought I'd see the day that she'd do this but am glad that it's here.

Yesterday was a yucky, rainy day here in CT and I thought it would be good to make soup this weekend. I wanted to take advantage of the meat and veggies that were on sale at the grocery store, have soup for dinners this week and have a big pot to send to my girlfriend's. My girlfriend had surgery this week so I wanted to send enough soup home with her husband for a couple of meals for them.

When I called her to see how she was doing and to ask if her husband could stop by with containers for the soup, she told me that she was sending me some squash and apple soup as one of her friends had sent over a big container of it. I'll look forward to bringing that to work with a sandwich for lunch. She also sent a container of applesauce from her freezer. Here I thought I was sending homemade soup for them and I received some homemade goodies in return.

I love all kinds of homemade soups in the fall and winter.

4 comments:

  1. Mmmm. Homemade soup on a rainy day. Sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make a dreary wet day sound inviting! I love soup this time of year too. Stews, chili, hot chocolate...there's so many foods we don't have until the weather cools.

    Great news about your dogger wising up! She's learning.

    ~ PattiLynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Squash and apple - how interesting!

    I usually make borscht or chili. My absolute favorite soups however, are Mulligatawny, and Queen Victoria. Queen Victoria soup is a cream soup with ham, chicken and mushrooms. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The squash and apple soup was delicious but a little too thick. I'd make it thinner.

    I love homemade soups.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)