Friday, November 27, 2009

My Holiday Weekend

Yesterday was a wonderful holiday spent with two different sets of friends. I started the day watching the Macy's parade and cooking several sides to bring to friends' to add to the holiday meal. I went to my friends at 1:00 and we enjoyed appetizers before a fancy Thanksgiving dinner. Everything was so delicious but the best part of the day was spending time with my friends and their adult daughters.

I also had been invited to another friend's for dinner around 5:30. So when my friends' daughters left to go back to Maine, I drove around the corner to Thanksgiving Part II. They were just about to sit down to the holiday meal but I was stuffed so I joined them at the table and just had a glass of sparking cider. Another fun holiday celebration with friends. Their children are 9, 4 and 22 months (twin girls) so it was fun to be around the kids. I left there with leftovers so am all set for dinners this weekend. Love those leftovers.

I set my alarm for 6:00 so I could wait for the doors to open at the hardware store in town. You probably are wondering what was so exciting that I left my warm fleece sheets to go out in the rain so early on a day off. Well, it was a 12 gal. shop wet/dry vacuum for $29. Exciting, huh?

Then I went to Staples to see if they had a wireless mouse on their blockbuster sale. They did and I bought one. I figured I was on a Black Friday roll so I then went to Kohl's and scored some more super deals. I was home before 10:00 and had also made a quick stop at the grocery store. Not bad I thought.

I spent the day wrapping Christmas gifts and am done with it but for the amaryllis bulbs. Since the boxes have a hole for air, I think they probably shouldn't be wrapped until right before I give them. It's good to have it done and one step closer to being ready for Christmas.

I watched a movie on the kitchen TV and a DVD. I had found a collection of westerns from the 1950's at Walmart this fall but hadn't watched any yet. This afternoon I watched all the Annie Oakley ones and was brought back to the days of my childhood when I just loved watching that show, along with Fury, Sky King, Roy Rogers, Hop Along Cassidy, etc.

The dog had a new toy so she was zoned out with that. Right now she's asleep by my left side and happy to be next to me. I covered her with the down throw and she's so content.

4 comments:

  1. Our black Friday started at 3AM...
    I bet you are getting so excited for your trip to see your grans!!
    Wonder how you get their gifts over without them getting smashed or worse, stilen out of your luggage??
    I happened into Khols on Black Friday and got the whole set of
    "If you give a mouse a cookie" books and stuffed animals. They would even be good to take to your daughters school for the elementary age kids.And inexpensive too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't do one bit of shopping yesterday. With all my sisters in New York, I didn't feel like venturing out into with the crazies by myself. Well, I did go to the grocery store, but it was practically deserted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great way to spend your holiday weekend! Shad did our Black Friday shopping - I slept in. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon and Francie and I did Black Friday shopping at the outlet malls that started at 11pm on Thanksgiving day! It was CRAZY!!!! I can't believe how many people were out in the middle of the night shopping, great deals though.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)