Monday, November 9, 2009

Cleaning for a facial?

You're probably wondering what cleaning has to do with getting a facial. Enter my girlfriend who is a new Mary Kay consultant and she asked if she could practice her presentation and the facial. Of course I told her yes.

What does this have to do with cleaning. Well, it's just Liesel the dog and moi. She's not exactly fussy about the house and cleaning. You know how some women clean for the cleaning lady? I'm cleaning for the Mary Kay lady.

Since Oct. is outside work month with cleaning out all the flower pots, cutting back perennial gardens, etc., the inside gets very neglected. The dust bunnies multiply and paper collects on the kitchen counters. I did a surface cleaning yesterday and finished up tonight with cleaning the first floor bathroom. I never got to the dusting but it'll have to do. I used to be a cleaning fanatic but boy have I changed in the last 5 or so years. I came to the realization that I can't work and do everything inside and out by myself and keep the always ready for company house. Until a year and a half ago, I worked two jobs and had little spare time. As I've gotten older, I also don't have the energy I used to have. It's a good thing I mellowed as the old me would have driven the new me nuts.

We're meeting first at Panera Bread for dinner and then will go to my house. We used to work together but she was laid off last November. I'm looking forward to getting together.

2 comments:

  1. I have come to the realization that people generally dont notice if I cleaned or didnt - I am the only one who sees the spot on the floor, or dust bunny under the couch. Nice thing is, if you invite lots of people over, they wont even notice the floor! ha ha! facial sounds fantastic! I am not a good housekeeper, more like fair - but it is amazing how good it feels to have a clean kitchen (something I should be doing now!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dreams, dreams!
    In theory I am for all of it: cleaning, gardening, facial etc... Reading is not bad thing either. But, like Tina, I am getting older and older and just chose and pick what I will and will not do. Reading wins often, garden comes to the top, I even pickled my cucumbers this year. But when it comes to discipline to do what needs to be done I fail.
    I can not even understand, looking at my daughter, how it is possible to do all the things all the time.
    Olga

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)