Sunday, November 29, 2009

Lots of bread baking

Today was cranberry orange walnut bread day. I had a production line going. I ground all the cranberries and had 8 bowls of the ground fruit. Then I started mixing the rest of the ingredients and made one double batch at a time. I didn't have 16 loaf pans so baked the breads in 3 batches. Some of the batches were made into regular loaves and some were in the small tins. I cleaned up the bowls and food processor as I went along so I didn't have the mess at the end.

I don't have a freezer but my neighbor does and it wasn't full so I brought over 3 plastic grocery bags full of my breads to her house. Naturally I gave them one of the big breads. She called me later to say that they'd had some and enjoyed it.

I came home and boiled the 2 turkey legs and wings I'd brought home as leftovers, picked the meat off, cut up veggies and made a big pot of soup. You know what I'll be eating for supper this week.

I'd washed and hung out my sheets so I made up my bed as having to do it at 11:00 wouldn't be fun.

Before I stretched out on the couch, I took two Advil as my feet were tired and aching from standing all day in the kitchen. The dog and I are vegging out under the down throw watching a Xmas movie on TV.

A lot of work today but it's nice to know that all that baking is done for gifts and my winter enjoyment.

Unfortunately it's back to work in the AM and the end to the nice, long, holiday weekend.

4 comments:

  1. I have happy memories of "pie-baking" when I was little. My mom and I would make half a year's worth of pies twice a year. I don't recall how many that actually was, but probably 12-15. It took the better part of a day to do it all, but at least I learned to make a good pie! Unfortunately, Anastasia won't even watch; she says, "I hate pie". And she, sadly, does. I wrote Lyd on facebook and asked her if I'd taught her to make a good crust. She said I'd tried a dozen times. That didn't sound good. I'll have to try again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good weekend!
    We did a lot of washing and drying of linens and towels from our guests on Sunday. We hang them to dry outside because the weather was so good. I did not do any baking.
    I think, I will take a page of your book and make a soup out of 2 turkey legs I have as leftovers.
    Olga

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cranberry orange walnut bread sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori,
    the bread is delicious! My guests just eat every crumb! And it is so easy to make just by following the recipe.
    Olga

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)