Thursday, August 13, 2009

American Girl Place

For those of you that have a daughter, granddaughter or niece with an American Girl doll, you recognize where my header picture was taken. Each January when Tamara and the girls are visiting from Moscow, we make our pilgrimage to American Girl Place in NYC. I think Mom and Grandma Streusel (named for my last dachshund) love it as much as the girls do.

The last two years we've driven right into Manhattan and parked at a garage that is about a block from the store. It's costly but so is the train so it really is a better deal. The plus side is that the girls can fall asleep on the way home and be comfy.

This past Christmas Santa brought Natalia the doll of the year and Katya the doll of the year from the previous year. *Yes, that Santa can perform miracles. They also got the matching outfits for themselves. Here we are all posing inside the Cafe at lunch.

I am upset that this first week in January we won't be making our trek to AGP as they won't be here in the US and I will have just flown home from spending the Christmas holiday with all of them in Moscow. Maybe we will get to squeeze in a day in NYC next summer so we get our American Girl Place "fix".

More than once, I've asked my daughter what will we do when the girls outgrown American Girl.

*We never know who is reading this post.

2 comments:

  1. It is sweet that you all have so much fun with those books and dolls... My Lydia was just never interested in playing with such large dolls.... She HAD a few, though! (Because I liked them a lot!) I didn't care for the books, though; we're such literary hoity-toities. I think by the time we read them, Lydia was already on to Jane Austen and Dickens.

    Anastasia, like the other Russian girls I know are very much into "baby dolls". She will be turning twelve years old but she is desperate that for her birthday I get her a real baby carrier for her life-size doll...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's great that Anatasia is into baby dolls and not trying to look and act like she's 18 like so many little girls. The question is, "Is she getting the real baby carrier for her life-doll?" Hint, check out local consignment shops for one.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)