Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Flown Off or Aren't I Witty

To get the whole picture, you need to go to my daughter's blog and read her posting on our bird family. www.americangirlsinmoscow.blogspot.com

The baby birds have grown up and left home so momma bird decided to move too. Monday when I checked the nest, the two babies were outside of it in the newspaper tube and popped back in after seeing me. They were good size Carolina Wrens. Yesterday after work, I checked the nest while getting my mail and couldn't see anything inside. Same tonight after work so I think on Monday they were testing the outside world and their mother must have told them it was OK to begin their lives in the big world and off they flew.

Did everyone have to leave at the same time? My daughter and granddaughters left yesterday for JFK and their flight back to Moscow to their apartment and father. They haven't seen him since June 24th when they flew to the US to visit all the grandparents. They all were very anxious to see Chris and missed him.

Now I'll be counting the weeks until I take the same route and fly off to visit them for Christmas in Moscow.

4 comments:

  1. Thinking of you this week. I'm sure its quiet with the girls gone, but what a Christmas to look forward to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina....I believe when I first suggested that you start a blog, your response was that you would have nothing to blog about. Ha!

    This is a cute little post. I bet you do feel the letdown of everyone taking off....after so much excitement. I wish I could send you Anastasia for a weekend! (She's getting on my nerves...probably like Liesel she needs more stimulation.)

    Anyway, one of the joys of life, I think, is variety.... There are good things about solitude too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet it's awfully quiet around there. (As evidenced by 3 blog posts in one day? :)) Christmas will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie,

    I wish you could send Anatasia for a weekend. I'd love it.

    Tina

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (But, don't forget to sign your name.)